1. Q. What are Burt’s Bees® Candles?
A. Burt’s Bees was founded by selling candles at farmer’s markets back in the summer of 1984. Burt’s Bees is now a trusted name in natural health & beauty care products. Burt’s Bees Candles are a natural extension into the category where the story first began, through a partnership with MVP Group International, a leader in candle manufacturing.
2. Q. Are these candles paraffin-free?
A. Yes, Burt’s Bees® candles are paraffin-free, made using a proprietary blend of soy wax, coconut oil and natural fragrances. Even our wicks are coated in natural, paraffin-free wax.
3. Q. Why is soy wax better for the environment?
A. Soy wax is made from soybeans, a renewable resource.
4. Q. Do your wicks contain lead?
5. Q. I would like to repurpose my candle containers; do you have any ideas?
A. There are many ways to repurpose our candle containers. Click here for a few creative ideas.
6. Q. Do you use synthetic fragrances in your candles?
A. No, our fragrances are derived from natural sources, comply with IFRA and meet the Burt’s Bees Natural Standard for raw materials.
7. Q. Why does my candle jar have ½” of wax at the bottom that cannot be used?
A. This is just an extra safety feature that we added to help keep our customers safe. The ½” of wax makes your candle self-extinguishing, keeping the container from over-heating and damaging surfaces.
8. Q. Do Burt’s Bees® candles follow the same natural standards as other Burt’s Bees® Products?
A. Yes! Burt’s Bees has a steadfast commitment to creating the best natural products sustainably with environmentally conscientious packaging, including a focus on post-consumer recycled content, environmentally aware manufacturing processes and responsibly sourced natural ingredients. Our new candles are no exception and follow the same sustainability and natural standards as Burt’s Bees® personal care products.
9. Q. Why do some of your candles have multiple wicks?
A. Our natural wax blend needs a little extra heat to melt so it can fragrance your room. Instead of making our wicks thicker, we multiplied them. This helps our wax melt consistently without the danger of a tall flame. In addition to that, we think they look pretty cute!
10. Q. I’ve noticed that my Burt’s Bees® candles are not as overpowering as some of my other candles. Why is this?
A. Natural fragrances tend to create a nice, subtle fragrance. Most candles that overpower your room with fragrance are created with synthetic fragrances.